Friday, October 1, 2010

Playing Dress-Up

Sass: I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m pretty fashion fail for the most part. I mean, sure - I can get it together enough not to wear pajamas to the grocery store (which is not to say that I don’t want to wear pajamas to the grocery store), but when I have something specific I need to get dressed up for I go into near panic mode.


Snark: You should NEVER EVER go to the grocery store in your pajamas.

Pshaw. Anyway, I have a wedding to go to next week and I am all stressed about what to wear. Here are the deets: Backyard wedding at noon on a Sunday, and....GO!


Oh? You need more to go on? Okay...I’ve narrow it down to two choices.


First up we have a dress I’ve had for a while. It’s a dark plum color...sheer, patterned material over a slip.


(for the record, lets forgive the horrible quality of the photo and my Sears catalogue posing...it’s hard taking a picture of yourself!)



Ok, so I’m thinking I look a bit hippy in this dress (and not in the peace/ & love kinda way...)

You look fab. Don’t let her convince y’all that’s she’s not a super hot mama.


I like this dress, but it’s going to be cold, right? I mean, it wouldn’t be that cold down here in October, but you could freeze.

A quick check of the weather informs me it will be in the mid 60s. For us hearty New Englanders, that's still shorts weather!

Same dress, but now with tights and boots (and less hippy? hmm...)

Ah, tights! I like it better with tights, but I’m not sure about the boots just because the length of the dress. Ooh! You know what you need here? A belt! You should totally Estate Sale shop for that. Oh, and you know what? I have this book that shows you how to make this belt with tape and ribbon. It sounds janky, but it’s cute. I’ll share if you want. Seriously, my motto right now is, “If you like it, then you should put a belt on it.” Sang in the key of Beyonce. So oh oh oh lame, but it’s true.

I’ll...consider the belt idea. I’m always afraid belts accentuate my bum. I’ll give it a shot though. What color would you suggest?

Hmm... I would say black or brown, either one would work. If you could find one with a cute gold buckle, that would be even better. Like these!

Belt #1
Belt #2

Yeah, I'll get back to you on the belts...


Dress #2 - I picked this on up the other day at Urban Outfitters - It’s short, but with tights it makes me look like less of a floozy.


I think.




I adore this dress. Just so all of y’all know out there in internet land, Sass and I went through a lot of dresses on UrbanOutfitters.com to find the perfect dress. She went to the store and got in on sale. I think it’s so cute. It makes you look all boobylicious as well! (And, she plans on wearing a cardigan, so I think it will be not floozy at all.)

And with black tights for contrast:


THIS IS IT! WEAR THIS! I love it with black tights. I would rock this look so hard.


I think I like dress #2 better as well, but I'm not sold on the black tights...I still kinda dig the gray ones. What about you? Pretend I'm your own personal Barbie (but please don't make me do the depraved things I made *my* Barbies do) and tell me what to wear! I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments or in the poll below. I'll post a pix in a couple weeks from the wedding and let you know what I chose.





 










1 comment:

  1. my vote goes to the short dress (which is great btw) with tights !

    ReplyDelete