Monday, October 4, 2010

Waiting For The Party To Start

Over the weekend Snark sent me a bunch of songs by the band, Bloc Party. I have to admit that I've never heard of them before, so this was my first time giving them a listen. Snark let me know that this was "her band" during college - the one she'd listen to driving around being a general badass.

I downloaded all the songs, and let iTunes do its thing while I answered a few emails and caught up on blogs/websites that I read. The first song that came on, Like Eating Grass, wasn't bad - it started off kind of funky and had a nice beat to it. I found myself bopping my head along, but wasn't too distracted to not be able to continue doing my other stuff.


'

I felt the same way about a few of the other songs... They were nice to have as background music, but I didn't find myself really getting into them or really wanting a closer listen. I could see how this would be good driving around music for sure, and can picture young Snark driving around in her car, windows down and Bloc Party blasting.

I'm not sure, however, that Bloc Party is the band for me. I don't really see adding them into the mix of music I play, but I wouldn't necessarily change the channel if I heard them on the radio...

I'll let Snark hold on to this band as her own, and maybe go play some Dr. Dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment