Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Take a Peek, Above the Sink, the mediciiiine cabinet*

Today we're giving y'all a glimpse into our medicine cabinets. You know...those things you peek in when you're visiting friends. Nah...don't claim that you don't. You know you take a little looksy. We decided to save you the guilt and shame and freely show you what's in ours.

Sass: We actually have 2 medicine cabinets in the Sass household, so you get a peek into both. Here’s the first one - it sits above the toilet.


There’s really no rhyme or reason (or organization) to the cabinet. The top shelf has an array of things from baby powder to a squeeze tube of allow to homeopathic teething tablets (that nobody uses anymore) to a minty face mask and poison ivy lotion.


The second shelf houses Q-Tips, deodorant and all my hair stuff. We’re partial to Tom’s of Maine deodorant in this house - in a variety of scents. As for hair stuff, both Mr. Sass and I use hair elastics on a daily basis, so we have a huge bag of those. In addition, I have tons of hair clips, scarfs, etc... for all my fancy hair needs.


The bottom shelf doesn’t have any doors to close in front of it (and yet still, not organized!) This one contains a whole slew of stuff. A funky clock that shows the time from the shower so we can make sure we’re not running late, my “beauty products” aka my face cream, toner and junk. My glasses, some hair clips and various lotions all also reside there.


Here is cabinet #2:


This one has mirrored doors (cut into thirds, which kind of annoys me) and sits above the sink. Again, no real organization at all going on here. The top shelf houses make up I haven’t touched since probably 2006, some hemmheroid cream (which I haven’t touched since I was pregnant. Fun times) and some Compound W (I’m still trying to figure out who in my family had warts...).


The second shelf is full of band-aids, more baby powder and some Gold Bond (can you tell somebody’s a sweater...here’s a clue - it’s not me!).


The bottom shelf holds our toothpastes - Tom’s of Maine - mint for us and silly strawberry for the kid, some rubbing alcohol, fancy mouth wash we got from the dentist and a junk load of bug spray. It gets buggy here in the summer.

Snark: I have one actual medicine cabinet, but I have another cabinet that I stuff with more crap. I seem to end up with a lot of things that I never use. Just take a look at the picture below.






I use the toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, headache medicine, Qtips, face wash and that’s about it. Everything else is just... there. I mean, sure, I might need some a bandaid or take some allergy medicine, so I’ve got it. I should probably throw that fake tan stuff away though since it’s rather old. Let me go do that now.






This cabinet houses washcloths, tampons, razors, hair products that are rarely used, a tissue box crocheted cover I got at an estate sale, nail polish remover, a hair brush. On the top shelf, maybe you can see the sugar scrub I made myself. I think I’ve used it once. What a waste of good olive oil.

We showed you ours, now it's your turn...What’s in your medicine cabinet?

*Snark would like to note that the blog title is a play on the theme song to the 80s kid's show classic, Reading Rainbow. Sass would like to note that she still gets down to that theme song every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment