Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sukehhhhhhhhh

The other day we were talking about the HBO series True Blood - a show we’re both huge fans of. With the season finale coming up, we figured it would make for a fab TV Thursday post. But, instead of a well thought out, planned actual blog post, you get a transcript of one of our riveting IM sessions where we talked about our likes/dislikes when it comes to True Blood and what think might happen in the finale.

How uncomfortable do they look there? it’s got to suck - no pun intended - when you’re married to the person you’re supposed to be making out with and you look all stiff and awkward in promo shots. Sadly, this translates to the actual show as well.

Hahaha. True. They do look uncomfortable.

Right? Horrible.

The chat below is the what occurred, pretty much verbatim. We hope you don’t mind a sneak peek into our gchat. We barely stay on topic, but it’s a fun read though...we think. Also, if you have never watched True Blood, you might not get it. Duh.


Snark: I can't wait to start Catching Fire. Are you done? sry. off topic
 Aw. you added a pic of Talbot to our doc
Sass: haha, I read all 3
 yeah, I loved Talbot. I'm telling you -I'm rallying for a Talbot/Franklin spinoff!
Snark: Yeah, but what would they do?
Sass: I dunno.
Snark: They're both dead DEAD
Sass: Just be their crazy/charming selves
 Well yes.
 It would be AU.
 Clearly.
Snark: lol
 You know, Russell Edgington is supposed to be coming back next season. 
 How will they get off of not burning to a crisp?
 Also, when they burn in the sun, they don't explode all nasty like all vamps died the same way on Buffy... turned to dust
Sass: Yeah, hm...
 I remember.
 Ok. So, let's start this, yeah?
Snark: I was started. LolSass: Oh, we were doing it?
 No! I wasn't ready. Lol
Snark: AU! That was good stuff!
Sass: pfth
Snark: I think this should be in the thing as well -- this conversation right now (clearly, I won)
Sass: OMG, No!
 Start now
 3...
 2...
 1...
Snark: ERIC!
 sorry
 But that's what I felt was appropriate to yell
Sass: Excited for Sunday, are we?
Snark: Yes!
Sass: Me too.
Snark: I'm ready to see how he doesn't die, because I would stop watching
Sass: They can't kill Eric. He's their money maker.

Snark: Def
Sass: I mean, really. What else are people tuning in for?
Snark: Sukkkkkkeeeeeeeehhhhhh
Sass: Crappy CGI panthers?
Snark: lol, panthers. Why are they making Calvin Norris so mean? I don't like that.
Sass: Yeah, I didn't like that part either. We should explain that both of us have read the books that True Blood is based on.
Snark: We have both read the books. Explained.
Sass: And I think it's safe to say that Alan Ball is off in his own little vampire world.
Snark: Yeah, but I mean, honestly, it's not a horrible thing. It's a new adventure, and he has to add stuff.
Sass: I mean, would it be safe to say that basically True Blood is his fanfic version of the books?
Snark: I could get behind that
Sass: A decent fanfiction, don't get me wrong.
Snark: It's just if something is not happening around Sookie in the books, you  don't see it. He had to expand because the other characters got their own story lines.
Sass: Sure. And there's only so much "Sukehhhhhhhhh" you can take
Snark: definitely. I'm ready for that cookie to crumble. Or whatever.
 More Eric.
 More Eric being shirtless.

"OMG. You killed me before the good stuff!"
Sass: That was just sad. Poor Talbot. Especially the way he died.
 It was all so, yes! yes! yes! Nooooooooooooo!
 And...there's no way they'll kill Eric off - he's too pretty.
 That's rule #1: don't kill the pretty. Except, they did that, didn’t they -with poor Talbot. Sad.
 So, with that in mind, what did you like most about season 2?
Snark: Season 2 or 3?
Sass: Oh, was this season 3?
Snark: Yes. lol
Sass: Oh right
Snark: Season 2 was all the malarkey with Maryann
Sass: I tend to black out that entire horrible Maryann atrocity.
Snark: That went on for way toooooooo long.
Sass: Agreed. Ok, so, then what was your favorite part of season 3 so far?
Snark: hmm... season 3....
 I liked Talbot, Franklin and Hoyt and surprisingly, Andy Bellefleur. I hate that
 Sam is all grr... look how mean I am and my horrible past.
Sass: Yeah! Talbot, Franklin and Hoyt are my top three highlights as well.
 I could watch a show with just them...and of course with a few Eric cameos.
 I really dislike the path Sam's character has taken...so dark
Snark: Yeah, in my mind Sam should not be so violent
 and he SHOULD NOT slick is hair back

Sass: I'm not sure if he was meant to, but Franklin's character had me laughing more often than not.Ew, no. no slicked back hair at all. Unless they suddenly make hm a used car salesman
Snark: It's like, slick back hair is his evil twin or something - like superman with his glasses. Well, how do we make him mean? I know! Hair gel.
Franklin was funny.
 
Sass: Right? I mean, I just giggle looking at that face.
 Funny, sadistic bastard

Snark: He's evil, but he's cuddly? Does that even make sense?Sass: Totally.
 Until you bash his head in. That was a bloody scene
Snark: Or shoot him with a wooden bullet - that was my oh snap episode
Sass: There were a lot of oh snaps this season. Remember how many times I asked you if Hoyt died?
Snark: Yes. Every episode practically. You know how I want to see more of?
 Alcide.
 He can pull off a plaid shirt, I'll tell you what.
Sass: He reminds me of the guy on the front of the Brawny Towels
Snark: Wow. look someone started a blog for him http://alcideherveaux.com/
 omg. brawny towels. YES! I can see that
Sass: See!
Somebody started a blog for a fictional character?
Snark: Yes
Sass: That's, um...interesting
Snark: it doesn't surprise me, since I follow Lord Voldemort on Twitter.
Sass: Of course you do.
Snark: I know.
Sass: Ok, so should we wrap this up with theories as to how Sunday's episode will go?
Snark: Sure. Well, my friend had a good theory but now that I know Russell comes back next season, it might not work
Sass: What's that?
Snark: She just watched all three seasons recently, and she said to me remember how Godric said he would burn up quickly because he was so old?
Sass: Yeah
Snark: Well, then, Russell Eddington would burn faster than Eric and then Eric could run back inside.
Sass: Ah
Snark: Because he's older
Sass: That's smart thinking.
Snark: Yeah, she surprised me with that one.
 I think Debbie Pelt will be back, looking all trashy and crazy.
Sass: I bet if Talbot was still alive he'd totally give Debbie a make over.
Snark: Oh, Talbot, and the man smexing. I watched the boy kisses with a boy and he was like, ugh, and I was like shut up!
Sass: So, I'm gonna go with the theory that somehow, Pam saves the day. She dons her swankiest pink tweed suit and kicks some serious ass. I'm not sure how she does it, but she does. Or the faeries (not fairies, b/c they're speshul like that) save the day.
Snark: Pam better save the day because her not letting Bill save Sookie was getting annoying. The faeries are also annoying, but I bet they have something to do with it. I was excited about Claude in the show, he would have been fun. But I doubt they like live among everyone else in Allan Ball universe
Sass: Yeah, it's anyone's guess with Alan Ball at the helm.
 So, tune in this Sunday with us for the season finale of True Blood - 9pm EST HBO
Snark: Or, if you're me, 8pm Central ;)

2 comments:

  1. How timely! I was just googling Eric in his blue sweater. Anyway, yeah, I am totally going to miss Franklin. I wish he would have just killed poor Tara- she's a pitiful human. I'm also going to miss Talbot and his sass. Too bad when he finally gets to go somewhere with Russell it's in a glass, grandma-candy jar.

    Alcide is SO BORING, but SO HOT. I'd be okay if he came back only to kill his super trashy ex.

    Did Britt say that about Russell burning up so fast? If so, that also surprises me because it's most likely true. Oh! How about Godric the episode preview! I was so sad to see him go, I really hope he comes back and provides Eric with some kind of epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if they kill Hoyt or Jessica I swear to god I'll stop watching this show.

    ReplyDelete