Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yes...We're Talking True Blood Again - Deal With It.

It’s Thursday again, so that means we are going to talk television. The fall season is starting back up, but we still can’t seem to let go of our summer shows, well, mostly just True Blood. I know, I know, we just talked about it last week, but we were left a little wanting with the season finale. So, we just have to talk about it.


Can we safely say that Alan Ball has decided to disregard the books entirely and has come up with his own version of what happens with these characters?


Yeah, I believe so, but then, it seems to me like he’s following the basics of the book. He straight up told us that there are going to be witches next season, and well, we know that was what book four was all about. I’m just hoping that someone, i.e. Eric, plays the same role in the show as in the book. *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*


Show? Or do you mean “shower”? I mean...um, let’s move on before I get distracted. So, the finale. I have to say, that Russel Edgington really put me off to BBQ for a while. Those flaky, crispy lips? Yuck. I have to say, for as much as Anna Paquin’s Sookie annoys me, the scenes between her and Russel were well acted. I liked their absolutely crazy banter. And when she sent Talbot through the garbage disposal? Poor man, hasn’t he been through enough?


He put you off BBQ? Hahaha. That’s perfect. Yeah, his character is so out of control, but I like it. When she put Talbot down the sink, I was thinking, “Oh, no, she didn’t!” Which is pretty lame, but we can’t control our thoughts, can we? What I did love was Eric. He had some good lines this episode. I also like how we’ve been getting to see more of the good parts of Eric, not just the bastardy parts.


Yes - I agree...The various shades of Eric shined through in this episode. The end there, when he showed up all coated in cement? I died a little. Who knew somebody could look that devastatingly handsome like that. Not that Sookie seemed to care. Acted a little harsh there, huh? Before she got sucked up into the Faery space craft...


I couldn’t find Eric in cement, so I settled for this pic. I hope you don’t mind...



No...I don't mind at all. 


When Sookie was running through the graveyard, I thought if she is running back to Bill, I’m going to bitch slap her so hard. Thank goodness she wasn’t. Also, it’s good she wasn’t since the Queen was there, fighting Matrix style with Bill. That visual effect did nothing for me. It looked stupid. So, if Bill kills her, will he be King? That would be insane.


No, I don’t think he would...Eric maybe? Or another area sheriff? But yeah, you’d think HBO could spring for better special effects. Between that scene and the lame CGI panthers, I’m beginning to think they’re allowing some high school videography class work on developing their skills. Oh, and speaking of the panthers...can we talk about wtf is going on with Jason being the new leader of the Hotshot panther crew?


Yeah, with their Deliverance teeth and clothes? It’s going to be interesting next season. There is only so much inbred panther business that I can handle. Though, I do love Jason. He has the best of intentions. He’s just so stupid... Loveable, but stupid.


Yeah, like a puppy. Jason would totally shift into a puppy if he was supernatural. Oh, so you mentioned before that Eric had some good lines. I have to say that there were a few good lines in this season finale. Lafayette had a few, one of which had me laughing out loud.
“You’re a witch, who's a nurse, who's a dude.”
I mean, that’s classic Laffy, right there.



Oh, yeah, I loved that part. “Wait, magic?” I am glad that Alan Ball didn’t kill Lafayette like in the book. I wonder if he will be all involved in the witch wars next season... well, if they even do that. I mean, they are going  to do something since they zoned in on that doll in Hoyt and Jessica’s new fixer-upper.


That doll scared me. Let’s forget about that. But can we please talk about how adorable Hoyt and Jessica are? I loved the intervention his mama set up at his job site. That killed me - with the guidance counselor. Way to go Hoyt for standing up to them! I didn’t really love the character of Jessica at first, but I like where they’ve taken her for sure.


The intervention was great. Also, Tara’s character is not as annoying as she was. I feel as though I’m a serious True Blood accent critic, being from where it takes place (Shreveport), and her accent was the one that bothered me the most. It took me a while to see, or hear, past it. I like her new do. It’s a lot better than those braids. I’m also curious to see where she goes, since she’s so obviously leaving Bon Temps.


All I know is that I LOVE Tara’s new hair cut. All that Southern twang sounds the same to me. Oh, and Sam? Why’d they have to go and make him all Mr. Badass now? Not Sam. sigh. I’m hoping he didn’t really shoot his brother.


I bet he shot him in the leg or something, so he couldn’t run. Sam is acting like a big asshole, but it’s believable. He’s a good actor.


I guess we’ll have to wait until next season for all these answers and more. Can’t wait to see what other tricks and treats Alan Ball has up his sleeve. Let us know what you thought of the final episode. Did it live up to your expectations or were you feeling all disappointed when it ended?

No comments:

Post a Comment